Today, let’s talk about the tips of taking care of your wigs:
1. Shampoo and condition your wig regularly when it’s in use. If you wear your wig frequently, you should care for it like you would your own hair. Shampoo and condition it at least every third day that you wear it.
2. Store your wig on a wig head to prevent tangling. The best way to keep your hair smooth and untangled while not in use is to keep it on a wig head. This will keep the hair in its natural position, and it’s unlikely to moved as often as if it were in a drawer or closet.
3. Divide the hair into 3 or 4 ponytails to keep it in place when it’s not in use. To keep the hair on your wig from becoming tangled, especially if you’re transporting it somewhere, it can be helpful to secure it into ponytails. Use a ribbon or loose ponytail holder to avoid putting too much pressure on the hair.
4. Place the wig inside a satin bag to protect it from dryness. If you don’t plan on using your wig for a while, or if you aren’t able to store it on a wig head, place it inside a satin bag to help retain some moisture. The satin will be soft and smooth, which will reduce friction and keep the hair from becoming tangled.
5. Use a flat iron for a quick fix when your wig gets frizzy or tangled. If the hair on your wig is straight, you can use a flat iron to smooth it out when you don’t have time for a longer treatment. Gently brush the hair, then divide it into sections and run a flat iron through each section, following it with a brush.